Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Walking outside

Oh my gosh, I went walking outside on a trail, with lots of ups and downs (hills). My grandkids rode their bikes and Grandma walked. It was really ALOT harder than walking on the treadmill. I was sooo surprised. Made me wonder about the run for red, as it will be harder than I thought. The grandkids thought it was fun to have grandma try to run to catch up to them though, ha ha ha. BUT... imagine what I would have done before all this?? They probally would have found me laying down on the trail. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad they didn't have to see you lying down on the trail. Got Get EM Grandma! :-) Good for you. Sounds like a great time to bond with your grandchildren. In another few months you'll be running the whole length of the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, you are AMAZING!!
    Missed seeing you in class today...I can't believe that next week is the last class...:(
    Anyhow, I think it is great you went walking with the little ones, I believe it is SO important for our "offspring" to see us in motion & understand what is going on!!
    Set a goal to go hike the Y with them this summer, it is AMAZING, I am anxious to do it again!! What a thrill when you stand up there & realize YOU DID IT!! By the time you are done running after them, you will be SO ready to do it!! (I will come with you & bring my kids, if you want!!)
    Anyhow, you are great, I am glad you & Eric are setting up a reunion, I hope we can all keep in touch!!!
    See you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you today. It was a fun class with yummy food. Sorry you weren't there.

    ReplyDelete